Today was Rece's first day of school. Summer went by way too fast and now I have a second grader. Crazy! The house is a lot quieter, which may explain why I am able to already post this (instead of months later). Zach was pretty sad that he couldn't go too, so we had to have yet another talk about how he gets to start next week. Seems like such a long way away for him, but not for me. I'm going to be so sad to have him gone too! Here are a few pics from this morning.

This is right after I woke him up with my wonderful rendition of the "good morning" song, sung as only I can do it. I'm not sure if he is trying to smile or still scowling at me.

This is before we left. Yes, I walked with him. Yes, I am having a hard time letting go.

We had to get a picture of the new backpack. He insisted on picking it out this year. I'm not a big fan of character items, so apparently my choice last year wasn't his idea of fun.
He went with Bakagun (not sure of the spelling?), he is pretty proud of it.

My friend Jamie came over and we walked over together joined by my neighbor, Sue.

Rece stopped long enough to pose for one more picture. Then he said goodbye and turned and walked into school with his friends. I didn't even get a hug this year. They really do grow up fast.
2 comments:
I really did miss the hug from my little boy, too! I guess they aren't so little anymore!
Yay for school! I say that now because Tyler only goes twice a week for a couple of hours. I am sure it is hard to have them gone all day. I am sure it is hard for Zach to understand why his buddy is gone all day!
Post a Comment