Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas this year was great! Ryan had almost two weeks off from work, and we all loved having him home. We spent time with family and with each other. Ryan and I even went out on a couple of dates (thanks Jill)! Christmas morning was so much fun. We were up extremely late and received the best Christmas gift of all when our kids slept until almost 9:00!

Rece's only request from Santa this year was a light saber kit. But Santa just couldn't help himself and he also received a clone trooper helmet, a scrabble junior game, and a new game for the Wii. He is the biggest Star Wars fan I have ever met. He lives and breathes it. He was so excited for Christmas this year and the only thing that dampened his mood was the stomach flu. The poor kid got it twice. He is such a trooper.

Zach never had much to say when we asked him what he wanted Santa to bring him, so Rece put in some requests in his behalf. He got Cars mega blocks, lincoln logs, and a Star Wars ship. He doesn't look very excited about these pajamas, but they are so cute. I guess clothes probably aren't that exciting when you're surrounded by toys. He kept getting presents from under the tree and opening them whether they had his name on them or not. I didn't realize this until I found something for me I didn't remember opening. Apparently, he was opening them and giving them a toss if what was inside was not interesting enough. What a funny boy!

Santa brought Megyn a baby and a stroller. She was so excited! She loves babies! It was so fun to see her get excited about the presents this year. What a difference a year makes! She was so good about leaving the tree, ornaments, and presents alone which really surprised me because she is always into something she shouldn't be!

The kids got extra spoiled by their grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles. Thanks everybody! Oh yeah -- Ryan and I were pretty spoiled too. I realized while trying to find pictures for this that I didn't do so good taking pictures. That is going to be a New Year's goal for me. Take more pictures!

No comments: