Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another First!

Yesterday was Zach's first day of preschool! He was only there for an hour and I got to stay with him. He seemed to really enjoy it. The only snag was an hour before we had to leave he threw a huge tantrum and told me that he didn't want to go to school, and didn't want to wear Rece's pants. He wasn't wearing Rece's pants, so I'm not sure what that was all about. I got him to settle down and by the time we had to leave he was excited again. He is so funny!

Meg hates not being in the picture, so I had to include her in at least one.

I kept saying to him, "Zach look at me!". He would say, "I am!". Not. I didn't get one picture before we left where he was looking at the camera. Crazy kid.

Again not looking at the camera. Can you see the bag over his shoulder? His teacher said no backpacks. He was so disappointed, and of course before I found this out I had promised him a new backpack. I hate when I can't keep my promises.

I love how the teacher has their complete attention. I wish I was better at that. She gave them all a stuffed animal to take on the tour of the classroom.

They had a few minutes to play. She has lots of really cool toys.

I'm super happy at how well he did on his first day. Things worked out really well, and two of my friends have kids in the same preschool so we are going to be able to carpool. That will significantly reduce the amount of time I spend in the car on the days he has preschool. I'm going to miss this little guy!

3 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

How fun. Tyler goes to the same school. I am glad to see that he had such a great time!

Bowler Family said...

Hey Heather, what a cutie! To bad about the backpack thing. Looks like he is going to have a great time in Preschool.

Send me your email address So I can send you an invite cchsbowler@cableone.com Thanks, Camille

Red Head Family said...

glad he had fun-nice to already know the teacher too. enjoy the quiet time right!!