Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You Did What!!??


I did the unthinkable (at least in Megyn's mind) last Thursday. Are you ready? I got rid of Meg's pacifier! It was so much easier than I expected it to be. Neither one of our boys ever really took a pacifier, but Meg was seriously hooked on hers. I tried only giving it to her at naptimes and bedtimes, so as soon as she got up in the morning I would put it up on her shelf. Apparently, she had a stash of all the "missing" paci's somewhere in the house because she would come walking out with one hanging out of her mouth. It was driving Ryan crazy (okay, me too!). So the other night I made the quick decision to cut off the very tip of it (I had been told that this was supposed to work really well) and I handed it to Megyn. She stuck it right in her mouth and then took it right back out. She looked so confused that it made me laugh. Anyway, I put her to bed right after that and gave her the paci but she had decided that it must be broken and just gave it a toss. She cried for only about ten minutes and then went to sleep! I couldn't believe it. But that is how it has been for the last week, and now she doesn't even act like she misses it at all. The paci made life so much more pleasant when she was tiny, but I love that she is done with it !

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I SO need to follow your example!!! I think it is going to be harder for me than for Avery!!

Shari said...

Both of my kids were binky kids and it was very hard on both to get rid of them. Savannah's got lost at a hotel (we did find it, but pretended we didn't)and Cory threw his in the Christmas tree and we seriously never could find it. Good for you and Meg. Binky Free Yea!